Eating a cake is delicious! The delight of tasting a cake increases when it’s vegan! Made with love, not by who’ll eat it, but also and especially by the animals, that did not need to suffer to become cake ingredients.
The magic formula for making vegan cakes is accessed through recipes:
- Without ingredients of animal origin;
- made up of healthy vegetables;
- made up of nutrition rich in vitamins and fiber.
Here are seven easy vegan cake recipes that you try out:
1. Lemon cake
- 2 cups (tea) wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (tea) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (or a pinch)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 2 or 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Lemon zest to decorate
- Serves generally: 6 individuals
- Preparation time: about 50 minutes
- Contains gluten
Preheat the oven to 210 ºC and at a bowl, put the wheat flour, sugar, oil, water, juice and lemon zest. Mix well until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
Add the baking soda and baking powder and mix.
Pour the dough to a greased and flour-baked form and bake for about 40 minutes until the cake turns gold.
For the topping, mix 1/2 cup of icing sugar 2 tablespoons of coconut milk or 3 if you prefer grinder.
Pour the cake, and garnish with lemon zest!
2. Ground peanuts vegan cake
Ingredients for your icing:
- 250 g ground peanuts
- 1 plus 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Yield: 12 servings
- Issue: simple
- Time: 1 hour
The Way to prepare the cake:
Grease with oil and light a round baking pan with a 22 cm centre hole;
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl;
Insert the demerara sugar and ground peanuts and mix;
Add oil and water gradually and gently;
Put it on the baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, or until you add a toothpick in and it comes out clean;
Run a knife around the side to loosen the cake and then remove it if it is cold.
The Way to prepare the icing:
Beat in the blender or mixer 1 cup and 1/2 hot water with 6 pints, until all is dissolved;
Insert 1/2 tablespoon of starch and beat, a little more;
Bring to a pan and cook over low heat until thick;
To finish, put the already cold cream on top of the Entire cake;
And decorate using more ground peanuts. It’s ready!
3. Chocolate vegan cake
- 1 plus 1/4 cup of wheat flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or white wine
Pre-heat the oven at 180 °C.
Add the rest of the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
Grease a mould with oil and dust with cocoa.
Set the dough and bake for approximately 40 minutes until the cake is nicely roasted.
4. Cinnamon vegan cake
- 1 cup of uncooked brown rice, hydrated in filtered water for 2 or more hours (DO NOT use parboiled rice)
- 3/4 of American cup of coconut milk
- 3/4 of american sugar cup demerara
- 1/3 cup American coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseed, crushed and moistened for 15 minutes in 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of whole sea salt
- 1 tablespoon, very complete, yeast for cake
Drain the rice and then run it via clean filtered water;
Bring all the ingredients except the yeast and coconut into the blender and then mash until all the bits of rice evaporate;
Add yeast and conquer quickly to incorporate;
Pour the dough to a greased yarn;
Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for about 30 minutes;
Test the toothpick to confirm it’s roasted.
5. Banana peel vegan cake
- 2 banana peels — cooked for 5 minutes
- 4 tablespoons of rice flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chia
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed flour
- 1 teaspoon of sweet sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons cane syrup
- 8 drops of stevia
- 1 teaspoon homemade yeast — 2/3 cream of tartar to 1/3 baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of psyllium
- Spices (cinnamon powder, ginger powder, nutmeg and cardamom powder)
Boil the banana peels, for a couple of minutes, to soften them.
Whisk the banana peels and vegetable milk in the blender.
Pour in a bowl and then mix the other ingredients.
Pour in the pans and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
6. coconut cake
This coconut cake is tasty, simple to prepare and has accessible ingredients.
- 2 cups white wheat flour
- 3/4 cup demerara sugar or glass
- 1/2 teaspoon of oil
- 1 cup (grated) coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- One cake, about 20cm in diameter
- Preparation time: 10 minutes (prep ) + 35 minutes (oven)
- Includes gluten
Preheat the oven to 210 ºC and anoint a medium baking dish with oil and flour.
Add the yeast and mix lightly.
Put this dough in the greased shape and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until you insert a knife or toothpick and it comes out clean.
7. Carrot and brigadeiro volcano cake
Brigadeiro is a standard Brazilian dessert. This cake will certainly surprise your friends and family!
- Carrot, peeled and sliced (approx 1 large carrot and 350ml of chopped carrots, in 1.5cm cubes)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup demerara sugar or crystal
- Yield: 8 servings
- Topic: easy
- Time: 1 h. 10 min.
Ingredients for the icing:
- 1 liter of almond milk or homemade coconut
- 1/2 cup demerara sugar crystal
- 80 gr. Of half bitter vegan chocolate
- Vegan granulated chocolate, to taste (optional)
Grease with oil and mild a round baking pan, using a moderate and small gap, 18 cm in diameter and 8 cm high;
In a bowl, then sift the wheat flour and the chemical yeast, mix and set aside;
Beat the carrot from the blender or mixer together with the water, oil, vinegar, salt and sugar until smooth.
Place this cream, slowly, in the bowl, with the flour and mix, lightly;
Place the dough on the baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the cake starts to smell and you add a toothpick and it comes out clean;
Run the knife round the edge of the cake and then unmold it when it’s cold.
How to prepare the icing:
While the cake is baking, let’s perform the topping.
Place vegetable milk, sugar and chocolate at a high spoonful;
Over moderate heat, stirring periodically. You don’t have to go around without quitting, simply don’t leave the bud, keep an eye on it while washing dishes, for example. It is normal for the milk to rise, then simply stir or reduce the flame a bit;
As you Start to thicken, stir more frequently;
Whenever you are in the purpose of a thick syrup, which will take approximately 50 minutes, it’s ready. The cake will finish setting from the refrigerator;
Mounting the cake:
When the brigadeiro is company, like the consistency of thick porridge, cover the cake with it.
If the syrup is tender, it is going to drain underneath and won’t provide the impact of volcano. Fill out the hole, then cover the top and let it empty on the sides. End with vegan granules and it is ready to be eaten!
Vegan meals, a food alchemy
Well, how about savoring those delights by going into the kitchen and putting every one of those recipes into training?
In preparing these recipes, we create a legitimate alchemy with food, leading to magic and discovery of fresh tastes, textures and aromas! All this, wrapped with respect and love for the Life Span of the Animals!